Gear Guide 2014/15
169 skis, 102 jackets and pants, 85 boots and a whole lot of clobber… It can only be our annual Gear Guide!
As well as some 120 pages dedicated to gear reviews, buying tips and know-how, we’ve managed to squeeze in our usual mix of backcountry knowledge, expert columns, riveting ski stories and stunning photography, including:
- Decision-making traps in backcountry terrain
- Sniffing out powder stashes and ski tours in small but perfectly formed Meiringen
- Tracking down killer shots at Arc’teryx’s King of the Dolomites competition
- A Day in the Life of climbing bum-turned-sponsored skier Tom Grant
- Graham Bell takes a look at the work that goes into prepping the perfect ski race course
- Simon Ashton asks whether Sauze d’Oulx is the ‘Essex of the Alps’?
- Patrick Thorne investigates the fastest non-mechanised sport in the world (yes, we’re talking speed skiing)
- Telemark skills: how to tele rails. It can be done, trust us.
- Exploring little-known Tomamu, Japan
If you want to get your hands on our biggest issue of the year, you can buy it direct from our online shop, or from good newsagents.