Your chance to win some rather brilliant gear courtesy of Black Crows & Shred
Black Crows have moved into the tricky world of ski outerwear and we’re pleased to report they’ve mastered it with just as much aplomb as their skis thanks to top-grade materials and clean cuts in their new Ventus GTX jacket and pants — both available in men’s and women’s versions. And lucky for you, dear readers, we’ve managed to snag a set to give away.
The Ventus GTX jacket (£450) is made with three-layer Gore-Tex, offering up incredible breathability on slackcountry hikes while still retaining great weatherproofing for stormy mid-winter days. There are also generous vents, waterproof zips, a recco reflector and pocket with goggle wipe. We’re also big fans of the urban cut — you can wear it around resort without looking like you’re about to rappel off the Aiguille du Midi. The matching pants (£400) come in colours brighter than your old 1980s onesie for on-mountain visibility and have a whole host of neat details, including an adjustable hem and snowgaiters.
Another brand hellbent on mixing things up is Shred. Co-founded by American racer and two-time Olympic Gold medalist Ted Ligety, their goggles and helmets push the limits in terms of both style and performance. We’ve scored one of each to give away: first up is the unisex Blackout goggle (£140), which has a carved lens for an eye-popping field-of-view. It’ll fit any helmet and the clever lens is designed to stay fog-free. In fact, it comes with two lenses, which are easily switchable, thanks to Shred’s very nifty three-step lens replacement system.
Next up is the wonderfully-named and highly-protective Brain Bucket (£90). It’s a unisex, lightweight, highly-rated helmet which combines exceptional safety features with comfort. A clever venting system keeps the air flowing when you need it, while the SHREDwheel makes it easy to dial in the perfect fit.
Fancy winning one of these ace prizes? Enter below by filling in the form and subscribing to our newsletter.*
* We never share our data with third parties. We purely use the data collected to send fortnightly emails containing the latest news, competition and offers, which you can easily unsubscribe from. If you’ve previously unsubscribed from our newsletters, don’t worry, we won’t re-add you and you will still be included in our prize draw.
Terms and Conditions
- All of our competitions are free prize draws and are open to all UK residents except employees of Fall-line Media Ltd, their families and anyone involved in the operation of the free prize draw.
- The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Unless stated otherwise only one entry is permitted per household.
- Entries will be accepted only from either correctly completed and returned entry cards or from correctly filled in online forms at www.fall-line.co.uk / www.documentsnowboard.co.uk / www.outdooradventureguide.co.uk.
- Late entries will not be valid. No cash alternative is available. Fall-line Media Ltd does not accept responsibility for late or lost entries of any kind or for any reason.
- Please note that in entering into any free prize draws online, you acknowledge and agree that Fall-Line Media Ltd may use your details that you provide online to provide you with information about their products and services. Such marketing may be provided by e-mail or mail.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them in entering our competitions.
- If the competition prize is clothing or gear then it will be in the size specified by the manufacturer/brand. We will do our best to help you get the right size, but sometimes this isn’t possible.
- If the competition prize is a holiday then the travel company will try to accommodate your date requests but EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY for travel dates. These are likely to be peak season and school holidays.